83-500 KEAWAIKI RD, Captain Cook, HI
A rare piece of Old Hawaii. Located on almost 1.5 acres of oceanfront land with views of Keei, Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cook's Monument, this gracious oceanfront Kamaaina estate property has a large 3-bedroom house and numerous outbuildings for a once in a lifetime opportunity to own Old Hawaii. A few unique aspects of this property include:
- This property encompasses a complete point of land into the ocean,
- Has limited “public access” to the waterfront because of the topography of the property hence it has more privacy than most oceanfront parcels.
- Views of Keei and Kealakekua Bay including Captain Cook’s monument (Herb Kane thinks the bay in front of the house may be the one that the native Hawaiians brought the boat that started the final days of Capt Cook.)
- Property is in a historical district as well as in a conservation zone.
- It would be difficult, if not impossible this day in age, to build this close to the ocean.
- The house has a copper roof, carved wood entry doors, koa cabinets in the kitchen, ohia wood posts, walkways and hand rails, and other first rate features in the house. It’s a prime example of a kama'aina legacy home!
- The interior is just waiting for someone to put their own personality into it.
- Salt water pool with waterfall,
- Crossing koi ponds at the entry,
- Additional out buildings include the “laundry", Thai hale, the 2 car garage and workshop.
- This and other neighboring properties are accessed by a private road through an electronic gate.
- Lots of interior square footage to work with.
- The house is oriented “long-ways” along the ocean so the rooms have ocean views with natural light and windows for air flow.
- Approximately 330 lineal feet of ocean frontage! Amazing!
You have to see this to appreciate it! Take a look...
4,363 Sq.Ft. LIVING AREA
1.46 Acres lot
Contact us today to learn more about life at Hokuli‘a. We are committed to creating quality communities along the Kona Coast, Big Island of Hawaii.