Last modified: September 30, 2015
It does not apply to information collected by: (a) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or (b) any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information about yourself to us on the Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
In order to improve the Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, we collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as details of your visits to the Website, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) automatically as you navigate through the site; and (c) from third parties, for example, our business partners. The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include cookies (or browser cookies), flash cookies or web beacons.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). While we take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy, we cannot promise that the current limitations of our online applications programming will address every browser setting or honor every personal browser preference. In particular, we are only able to honor “Do Not Track” or “DNT” browser signals on non-cached content and web pages.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, send us an e-mail stating your request to “unsubscribe” to email@example.com or click the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional e-mail.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to us as described herein:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to opt out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional e-mails. Additionally, if we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.